Yes, it’s true!
Many of you already know that the most popular way of searching for companies is online and not through your local Yellow Book. However, recent statistics obtained by Nielsen Online show that more people globally are spending more time in social network communities than email. Startling social network facts? Not really. Some say that email may become less attractive in the future since the inception of micro-blogging sites such as Twitter have gained popularity.
The stats for these social networking facts are as follows:
- According to Nielsen, nearly 2/3 of the world’s Internet users belong to a social network
- Member communities have increased 5.4% in just 1 year (Dec. 2007 – Dec. 2008)
- Brazil is the country with the most people using social networks – 80%
- Germany had the highest number of new social network memberships in 2008.
- The U.S. only spends 1/4 the time on social networks than Brazil.
As one social media authority put it, “if you’re just learning about social networks now, you’re already behind.” Your competitors are already using social media to sell their products and services because of the virtually free advertising platform social media offers. The social networking facts you need to know whether you’re a business owner, manager or employee – join, join and join more social networks to grow your network, business, brand, visibility and credibility.
What are your feelings toward social media and the impact it will have on your business?