Social media networks are becoming increasingly important as part of a company’s Internet marketing plan. When used properly, companies can get their information out to millions of potential clients and customers. Here are some tips to make the best use out of social networking giant, Twitter.
- Search for and follow people or businesses that have the same interests as your company. These followers are more inclined to in return, follow your company and they will find your tweets useful and relevant. The key is to get your company information out to people who could be potential customers, clients or partners in your business. Also people who are relevant followers are more likely to re-tweet your posted material, which allows everyone on their followers list to see it as well.
- Always post relevant, unique and useful information that is targeted towards your followers, i.e. customers, clients or partners. Include relevant news stories, information about your company’s products, upcoming events, etc. If you want to post information about your personal life, make separate Twitter accounts for business and personal. Remember, you are trying to utilize this particular social network as part of your company’s Internet marketing plan, not tweet to your friends about your weekend.
- Use a keyword in your tweets. Google is going to begin including Twitter posts in search results. Using keywords that are relevant to your company can help people find you both on Twitter and on the Internet in search results.
- Never disguise the content of your tweets, in other words, don’t use misleading headlines. You may think it will get you more clicks, and it might in the beginning. However, you will ruin your online reputation and people will eventually stop following your company’s account.
- Find a tweet tracking resource so you can see the statistics associated with your tweets. This will allow you to see which tweets inspired people to click the link and when they clicked. This can give you insight into what kind of tweets you should post in the future and what time you should post them. One such Twitter tracking program uses statistics in easy-to-read graphs, allows users to schedule tweets (which can be useful to busy people who often forget to keep up their Twitter account) and allows users to manage multiple social networks in one place.
- Keep in mind that long tweets that use all or almost all of the 140 character limit are less likely to be re-tweeted by others. However, using too many abbreviations does not say “professional.” It is important to find a happy medium between the two.
- Link to your Twitter account to your company Website and blog. The more links guiding users, the more followers your account will likely receive.
- Use hash tags – #seofirm – when appropriate to allow for better search capabilities.
Following these easy tips for using Twitter to help your business grow will without a doubt help your business reach more potential customers, clients and partners. Including social networks like Twitter when putting together an Internet marketing plan is an essential part of advertising that is gaining momentum and will continue to pick up in the coming years. Getting familiar with social networking for business now will give your company a huge leg up on the competition and ready your business for growth in the future.